It’s one of the highlights of the year at the Blaenavon World Heritage Site. A day when the town comes together to embrace the areas historic past and present day success.
This is a wonderful family and community event so do come along and get involved we can guarantee you’ll have fun!!
Here’s a quick insight about the day…
Dates: 29/06/2013 (11:30-16:00)
Are there any fun activities to do?
Plenty! You won’t be able to get enough of all the fun and games that are going on. There are magic shows, crazy golf, pony rides and loads of Victorian games that will keep everyone entertained for hours!
How about entertainment?
Live bands will be performing and expect to hear the heritage choir in full voice! As well as music make sure you take your dancing shoes, as there are a wide variety of dance groups going to the World Heritage Day. Groups include the Starlight Dance Academy and the “Vortex Dance Crew”.
What’s the aim of the day?
The aim of the day is to celebrate the wonderful heritage and history of the Bleanavon World Heritage Site in a carnival like atmosphere. There are a wonderful fusion of events where Victorian funs and games meets more modern day performances.
Event Programme – On the Stage at Market Square
- Blaenavon Heritage VC Primary Choir & Brass Band – 11.30am
- Blaenavon Town Band – 11.45am
- Lady Dog Walker Market Square – 1.45pm & 2.45pm
- Vortex Dance Cru – 2.15pm
- Market Square, live music and entertainment
- The Town Crier will be officially opening the event at 11.30am
- Blaenavon Male Voice Choir – 12.15pm
- The Widders – 12.40am, 2.30pm
- See the Picasso Griffiths Caricaturist – 11.30-4pm
At Lion Street, the dance area!
- Tiger Feet – 11.30am & 2.30pm
- Vortex Dance Cru – 12noon
- Starlight Academy of Dance – 12.15pm & 2.00pm
- St Cadoc’s Millennium Chimes – 11.45am & 3.00pm
At the Gap Site, Children’s Entertainment
- Balloon Artist sponsored by Melin Homes from 11.30am onwards
- Story Telling from – 11.30am, 12.30am, 2.30pm & 3.30pm
- Family Fun at Broad Street Car Park
- Me Alexander Magic Show – 11.45pm, 1.45pm & 2.45pm
- Victorian Fun Fair, refreshments & children’s activities from 11.30onwards
Visit the Blaenavon World Heritage Centre for more family entertainment
- Face Painting, Pony Rides, and Crazy Golf – from 11.30am onwards
- Punch and Judy, 11.30am, 12.45pm & 2.45pm
- Blaenavon Junior Band – 2.30pm
-S & H 12noon, 1.30pm & 3.00pm
For more information contact:
- Blaenavon Tourist Information Centre
Tel: 01495 742333